Eurocultura’s learning workshop combines knowledge about one’s own profession in Italy, deepening learning content in domestic vocational training or studies, self-organized and guided learning, intercultural experience and personal development.
- Knowledge: through expert lectures and job shadowing, the participants learn how theory and practice are combined in Italy.
- Deepening: the content of the learning workshop, which normally refers to the curriculum of the vocational school or university, is determined with the sending organization.
- Self-organized and guided learning: the learners are accompanied by lecturers who guide and supervise the project tasks during the learning workshop, but also promote the self-initiative e.g. with a job shadowing and the following analysis of the experience
- Intercultural experience: the learners live in the midst of Italians, in an Italian institution, make themselves understood with English and sometimes with tooth and nail
- Personal development: define goals of the experience abroad, learn Italian to survive, assert oneself in an unknown situation, enjoy the country and its people, produce results: a learning workshop offers much more than normal tourism.
Duration: 2 weeks
Number of participants: at least 12
Themes: Early childhood education, Elderly care, Tourism and gastronomy (other sectors upon request)
Programme/Implementation/Workflow: in the morning, theory and job shadowing; in the afternoon, group work.
Theory: experts deal with the topics agreed with the sending organization from an Italian point of view; they are related to the learning curriculum and are analyzed by the learners in the guided and/or self-organized project work in the afternoon
Job Shadowing: the participants go to different facilities in small groups, observe their Italian colleagues and work with them to fulfill the specified project tasks
Project work: in the afternoon, the learning content learned and experienced in lectures and job shadowing is processed analytically under the guidance of the accompanying teachers
Accommodation: learners are accommodated in shared apartments or by local hosts with self-catering
Accompanying teachers: he / she primarily organizes the project work for the afternoons to support the learners in analyzing learning material and job shadowing and to finalize a learning outcome
Eurocultura: organizes the learning workshop in consultation with the sending organization, translates the lectures, accompanies the first job shadowing and takes care of accommodation, transport on site and excursions (for example to Venice, Verona or Lake Garda). The technical equipment for the project work is provided. Eurocultura provides comprehensive support for learners and certifies the learning workshop with a certificate of participation and Europass.