Vicenza is strategically located in the “heart” of the Veneto, a marvellous region rich in architectural heritages, and the hub of the Italian North-East territory. Sandwiched between the two popular cities of Venice (Venezia) and Verona, Vicenza is near to other interesting regional localities: Padua (Padova), Bassano del Grappa, Treviso, Cortina (Dolomite / Alps), Jesolo and Bibione (beaches), Garda Lake.
There are two main airports near Vicenza, where all major companies operate for both national and international scheduled flights:
- Venezia (VCE – Venice Marco Polo Airport)
- Verona (VRN – Verona Valerio Catullo Airport).
- At Treviso (TSF – Venezia Treviso Airport) operate low cost flights (Germanwings, Ryanair, Transavia, Tuifly etc.).
From all these airports it is possible to get to Vicenza in 90 minutes by train after short coach links. Pay attention because it might be difficult to reach Vicenza by train after 9:00 p.m.
Eurocultura suggests to book flights to one of the previous airports.
Alternative to regional airports is Milano Malpensa (MXP – approximately 4 hours travel to Vicenza), the biggest Italian airport, with frequent direct connections to all main international destinations. Various low cost companies operate also at Milano Linate (LIN – approximately 3 hours travel to Vicenza) and Milano Orio al Serio-Bergamo (BGY – approximately 3 to 5 hours travel to Vicenza, not easy connected).
- Venice Marco Polo VCE
- Verona Villafranca VRN
- Venice – Treviso Canova TSF
- Milan Malpensa and Linate MXP – LIN
- Milan Orio al Serio (Bergamo) BGY
Connection to Vicenza from Venezia Marco Polo Airport (70 Km).
The airport is connected to the nearby railway station of Mestre-Venice by scheduled bus services.
1. Airport – Venezia Mestre railway station
ATVO Fly Bus (Blue bus). Every twenty minutes, 25 min. travel from/to M.Polo Airport. The single ticket price (luggage included) is € 5,00
2. Mestre railway station – Vicenza
Train direction to Verona or Brescia or Milano every 20/30 minutes. Travel duration and cost depend on train category.
Check at http://www.trenitalia.com/
Vicenza is on the main Milano-Venezia train route and is therefore well-served and easily reachable by train:
- Milano Centrale 2 hours
- Bologna 1 h. 30 min. (connection in Padova)
- Venezia-Mestre 40/60 min.
- Venezia-Santa Lucia (historic centre) additional 10 min.
- Verona 50 min. (frequent connections to Rome in 4,30 hs)
- Padova 30 min. (frequent connections to Rome in 3,30 hs)
- Treviso 70 min
Train additional information:
Ferrovie dello Stato (National Railway Company) www.trenitalia.com: you can also book on line!
Ticket fares vary depending on train category
- R Regional regular fare, stop in each station
- RV Regional Fast regular fare, frequent stops, faster than Regional
- FB Frecciabianca high speed fare & advance-booking, stop in main towns
- ESAV Eurostar Frecciargento / Frecciarossahigh speed fare & advance-booking, stop in few cities
Remember to validate tickets (yellow machines) before boarding!
from the town centre or from Railway Station, bus number 7 direction Via Albinoni, stop at the Fruit and Vegetables Market (Mercato ortofrutticolo); walk ahead for about 150 meters.
AIM (Public Local Transport Company of Vicenza) – www.aimvicenza.it
1. Motorway A4 (Milan/Venice), exit Vicenza Ovest (Fiera/Fair)
2. after the round-about, follow the sign Centro
3. take the overpass, turn second exit on the right
4. keep right (Viale S. Lazzaro)
5. at the second traffic light turn left (viale F.Crispi)
6. after 300 mt. at the a round about turn right
7. after 50 mt. turn left in the parking area of the supermarket Interspar
8. next to the supermarket entrance, there is our entrance door (nr. 48).Press code 06C to ring the bell and take the lift to the first floor.